A short post to say that I (re-)finished the foot parts of the hose yesterday, and am very much pleased with them. They look several times better than before. As I said before, I really can’t make the ankles any tighter, as Tobias can just get his feet through them now.
I didn’t bother with using the same kind of seam as the first time round, I just wanted them finished and done with now. I used strong, waxed linen thread for attaching the sole, and then folded both seam allowances up (having trimmed the “inner” one down to half), and secured by hemming stitches in wool. The hose are now done.
The next projects I have planned will be an over kirtle for me, made from the fabric Tobias is standing on in the above picture, and a tunic for him.