First, my blog posts have behaved fishy again this week, but I think I sorted that out, in case you want to go back and read them.
Second, I’ve made some progress on three of my projects this week: the Gryffindor scarf now has seven pairs of golden stripes. It has had to give way to my spedetröja quite a bit, though. The first sleeve on the spedetröja is now 19,5 cm (almost 7 3/4″) long. It’s knitted in the round and has a wrist opening.
And, finally, my 14th century kirtle that has been a bit neglected lately. I’ve made 25 eyelets this week, only 22 to go 🙂 They’re sewn with waxed linen thread, like the rest of the kirtle, and the lace is made of very light brown woolen yarn.
I won’t have much time for anything but school next week; I have several assignments to hand in which I haven’t started on yet – I feel just a little bit of panic…
5 thoughts on “Progress!”
Oh…I never thought of making eyelets like that…great tip! 🙂
Wow! Your new knitting project sounds and looks absolutely incredible. I would never have the patience to do something like that, but I am amazed at how much you have done on it already. I love the color. You do such nice knitting work.
Your eyelets look very nice; that is quite a few of them to have to make! Good luck on your assignments!
Thank you! I've made so many eyelets and buttonholes that I don't find them difficult anymore – sometimes I even think they're fun to make.
I didn't describe how I made them – I poke a hole with an awl (just pushing the threads of the fabric to the side, not braking them), and then sew – that way the eyelets become much stronger than if I'd punched a hole in the fabric.
Oh yes of course…I wondered a bit about that. 🙂
I've made a pictorial on how to sew the eyelets now 🙂